1. Italian official mathematics curricula for kindergarten and primary school.
2. The curriculum “Matematica per il cittadino” by Italian Mathematics Association.
3. Fundamental mathematical aspects and related cognitive and didactic discussion relative to the following topics:
- Numbers: the number concept and its various aspects; the counting process; natural numbers: operations, meanings and properties; the number line; prime numbers, integers numbers;
- Functions and relationships: modeling, different registers of representations; direct and inverse proportionality;
- Exploring and proving: seizing and describing regularities; producing, testing, and validating conjectures; recognizing properties featuring mathematical objects and the importance of the definitions; justifying numerical facts.
4. Basic theoretical knowledge from mathematics education research, relative to: body, tools and mathematical symbols; the mathematical laboratory; affect in teaching-learning mathematics.
5. Examples of didactic activities related to the topics above.